Undercover Systems® Installation Process
Why homeowners love Undercover Systems®
- Dramatically improves home exterior views & increases home value
- Clean and ‘non-commercial look and feel’ is unparalleled in the industry
- Year-round, dry home space for play, entertaining, dining, hot tubs, outdoor recreation
- Self-Supported, Structural steel ceiling increases dry, usable home space
- Architecturally Recognized for making sure your deck stays healthy, by not bringing any water or debris in direct contact with your deck joists
- Patented Under-deck Ceiling System does NOT attach to deck joists – no stapling, nailing, or modifying the deck joists
- Our Clearspan System is engineered, load tested, and installed to withstand any ice or snow accumulation
- Lifetime Warranty while you own your home
- Custom Designed & Installed for each deck and home exterior
- Available in multiple colors and wood grain finishes
Undercover Systems® is a modular designed roof system for the underside of decks. This roof/ ceiling system consists of individual ceiling panels and integrated gutters that both collect water from the system and also are the support members for the ceiling. All water and debris is channeled from the ceiling panels to the perimeter gutter system then exits through periodic downspouts.
Patented smooth “flat panel” ceiling design spans between structurally engineered load bearing gutter system that attaches to inside perimeter of area being covered. All components are custom manufactured at Undercover System’s state of the art manufacturing facility to deck configuration.
How Is The Ceiling Installed?
First, a structurally engineered load bearing gutter system is attached using #8 galvanized screws and 3/16 “Tapcon” fasteners to the inside perimeter of the area being covered. The clean looking stream lined gutter system is attached along the house, the sides, and front of the deck. Since we don’t attach our system to the floor joists of deck we often must install wood to the sides and front of the deck under the rim joist. This gives us adequate area to attach the gutter system below the existing deck’s floor joists and provides plenty of air flow and ventilation for quick drying. Gutter bracket supports are installed 24” on center when required.
No part of this system attaches to the underside of the deck. All installation work is done below the existing deck and deck boards. We maintain a 4 inch to 7 inch space between the bottom of the deck and the top of our ceiling. This assures that this product will not cause any harm to the deck above.
After sealing the top edge of the gutter system so no water gets behind we begin installation of the ceiling panels. Starting at one end, our installers begin placing the interlocking pre cut panels on top of the gutter system one after the other. Once all ceiling panels are in, installers clean up job site and you can begin enjoying your beautiful new outdoor living area.
We have dealer / installers located near you! Our dealers are highly trained and install products directly from our manufacturing facility to ensure you receive the highest possible level of care and highest quality underdeck product available.
Search here to find a dealer near you.
Click here to read more.